Create Cloud Identity¶
Rok requires access to an object storage service to use as its external data store for immutable snapshots of your volumes. This guide will walk you through creating an identity that will allow Rok to access the storage service of your cloud provider. You will later enable the Rok Kubernetes service account to assume it. This approach is considered best practice in all supported platforms.
What You’ll Need¶
- A configured management environment.
- Your clone of the Arrikto GitOps repository.
- An existing Kubernetes cluster.
- Permissions to create a cloud identity.
- An Azure Storage Account (Azure only).
Choose one of the following options, based on your cloud provider.
This section will guide you through creating a cloud identity on AWS.
This section will guide you through creating a cloud identity on Azure.
This section will guide you through creating a cloud identity on Google Cloud.